Spruce up your mantle with some lovely pumpkins for the Fall season!
DIY Fall Mantlescape
DIY FALL MANTLESCAPE MATERIALS:
- Galvanized steel tub
- Vinyl letters, sticker letters or paint with artist brushes
- Faux persimmons
- Floral wire
- Wire snips
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- White vase
- Weighting material like rocks or sand
- Wicker basket
- Fall blanket
- Books in fall colors
DIY FALL MANTLESCAPE:
- There are three options for creating the galvanized steel tub sign:
- Adhere the desired phrase in vinyl letters that you’ve purchased or cut using a vinyl cutting machine to the bottom of the tub.
- Adhere sticker letters to create the desired phrase to the bottom of the tub.
- Paint the phrase onto the bottom of the tub using craft paint and artist brushes. PRO TIP: you can use sticker or vinyl letters as a stencil to paint around, peel them off and you’re left with the outline of the lettering which you can leave as is or fill in with paint.
- Prepare the persimmons for adding to the branch. Use pliers to remove the stem of each persimmon. Cut about 6” pieces of floral wire, fold them in half and add a dab of hot glue to the folded end. Insert the folded end of the wire into the hole where the stem used to be. Repeat with as many persimmons as needed.
- Attach the persimmons to the branches by wrapping the floral wire tightly around the branch to secure.
- Fill the white vase with weighting material like rocks or sand and insert the branch into the vase.
- Hang the steel tub sign with desired hardware.
- Place the basket sideways on the mantle with the blanket spilling out so that it covers most of the mantle top.
- Arrange pumpkins so that they look like they’re tumbling out of the basket onto the mantle.
- Finish dressing the mantle. Place books on the opposite the basket to add height then place the vase with the persimmon branch on top.
- Make any adjustments to placements of objects you’d like and enjoy!