This is a “wow” cookie by its looks alone. The bigger the scoop, the bigger the cookie. This colossal chocolate chip cookie is one you’ll want to share!
Colossal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 45 mins., Cook Time: 20 mins.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup drop cold dough 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.