Apple, Pear, and Sausage Breakfast Pie
Author Amanda Dalton Wilbanks is in the kitchen making pie for breakfast. She uses Granny Smith apples for their tartness to balance the sweetness of the brown sugar.
“Another Good Dog”
Larissa is joined by author Cara Sue Achterberg, who has fostered over 130 dogs. She discusses her book and how she started fostering dogs.
DIY Candy Corn Bags
Maria shows you how to make cute DIY candy corn bags for your Halloween treats. She suggests starting at the bottom and working your way up to allow the fringe to layer properly.
Actor Eric Winter discusses his new drama, “The Rookie” and gives you a sneak peek of the show. He also talks about people confusing him for an actual cop on the street when filming. The series premieres tonight at 10/9c on ABC.
Pumpkin Carving Tool Review
Ken reviews his favorite tools to use for your pumpkin carving masterpiece.
Ken’s Pumpkin Carving Tips:
· Clean the inside very well, to about ¾ of an inch. This will help the pumpkin last longer and makes it easier to carve!
· Start from the middle of the design and work your way out.
· Resist the urge to push the pieces into the pumpkin! Instead, wait till your done and then push from the inside out.
· Use an LED light instead of a candle, which will help preserve the life of your pumpkin.
· Applying Vaseline to the carved parts of a pumpkin prevents both dehydration and mold growth, making the pumpkins last weeks longer! Simply rub Vaseline over the carved parts of the pumpkin as well as the inside. You may want to use a glove to do this.
Seared Pork Chop with Apricot Mostarda
Chef Kyle Johnson shows you how to spice up some pork chops with some apricot mostarda. He suggests brining the pork chops for 12-18 hours before cooking.
DIY Reindeer Hats
Ali is showing you how to make these adorable DIY reindeer hats to get you in the festive spirit. She suggests to use a glue gun that has 2 settings in order to prevent the high heat setting from melting the foam sheet.
“Better Start Running”
Actress Analeigh Tipton discusses and gives you a sneak peek of her new film “Better Start Running.” She also talks about ice skating for 16 years and about her travels to Iceland.
Sweet Potato Biscuits with Country Ham
Debbie is in the kitchen with author Alys Murray making a delicious brunch dish for any morning. This recipe comes from Alys’ Hallmark Original book, The Christmas Company.
No Sew Halloween Costumes
Orly shows you how to make last minute no sew Halloween costumes that’ll take you just a few minutes to make.