Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 4 ea Duroc Pork Chop 14 oz
- Salt 8 oz
- Sugar 4 oz
- Water 1 gl
Ingredients for Lentils
- Carrot, trimmed and peeled 1 ea
- Onion, peeled and 1 ea
- Salt, Kosher 1 table spoon
- Water 2 quarts
- Lentils 1 pound or 18 oz
- Celery, trimmed 1 ea
- BBQ Sauce (Use your Favorite Brand) 5 oz
- Bacon Dice 2 oz
Ingredients for Fines Herbs Sauce
- Salt, Kosher .5 oz
- Chervil, Leaves 2 oz
- Chives, cut into thirds 2 oz
- Parsley, leaves 2 oz
- Tarragon, Leaves 2 oz
- Heavy Cream half gallon
- Wine, white 1 teaspoon
- Shallots, sliced 4 oz
- Cooking Oil 1 table spoon
Ingredients for Apricot Mostarda
- Dijon mustard 6 oz
- Mustard Seeds 6 oz
- Honey 9 oz
- White wine vinegar 16 oz
- White Wine 16 oz
- Dry Apricots Small Dice 2 lbs
1. Water should be slightly warm. Combine all ingredients and mix until salt and Sugar dissolve. Cool brine Pour over pork chops. Let Marinate for 18 hours. Pull pork from brine and pat pork dry and set aside for grilling. Bring Pork up to room temp before grilling.
1. Wash the lentils and check for tiny stones. Place lentils in rondeau and cover with cold water. Add 1 peeled carrot, 1 stalk celery, a peeled onion cut in half.
2. Bring to a simmer and gently cook until the lentils are very tender but not falling apart. Remove from the heat and add salt. Taste the liquid: it should be salted but not salty. Let the lentils rest in this liquid 20 minutes and then drain excess liquid from them. Remove all large pieces of carrot celery and onion.
3. In Separate pot add diced bacon to pot and crisp up. Take lentils and add to pot, the lentils will absorb the bacon renderings. Lastly add BBQ sauce and reduce to thick spoon able consistency.
FINES HERBS SAUCE
1. In a small sauce pot sweat the shallots in oil.
2. Add the white wine to the pot and reduce to sec.
3. Add your cream and sachet and reduce by a third.
4. Stir occasionally so the shallots do not burn while the cream is reducing.
5. Place the fines herbes in the vita prep and pour the hot cream mixture over the herbs and puree until bright green, season with salt and pass through a chinois and cool.
1. In a large pot combine apricots, wine, vinegar, honey, and mustard seeds.
Add water enough water just to cover mixture if needed
2. Cook 2 hours on low heat, stirring often, until apricots have re-hydrated
and flavors have melded.
3. Remove from heat and stir in dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt.
1. Once all steps above are complete: Start by grilling Pork chops until there is an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Ensure that your grill in oiled by putting oil on towel and wiping down grates. Lightly season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. In separate pot slowly heat up lentil mixture and reserve hot.
3. Place Apricot Mostarda in small sauce pot and warm through. You can add a bit of reserved honey and water to loosen mixture up while heating.
4. Bring Fines herbs coulis up to room temperature. Then Sauce the plate you will be serving on.
5. Place hot lentils onto of the Fine Herbs Puree.
6. Once Pork chop is grilled and rested Slice meat and cover with Warm Mostarda and garnish with left over whole herbs form fine herbs are some mustard frill.