Ingredients for the Pizza:
- All purpose flour, as needed
- Semolina or corn meal, as needed
- One 3-4oz boule of pizza dough
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons shredded Mozzarella (you can mix it up with provolone)
- 3-4 Tablespoon grilled Corn
Ingredients for the Corn:
- 1 ear yellow sweet Corn
- 1 tbsp. Butter at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat and light your grill. If using charcoal or wood allow the flame to die down. Also, make sure the grates are clean.
- Rub the corn with butter and season with salt. Place directly on grill and until corn starts to plump and char marks are visible, then remove. Carefully cut off the corn kernels and place into a bowl for later use. This can be made ahead of time.
- For the pizza, start by dusting flour on a clean workable surface. Place the pizza dough onto the clean workable surface and dust with more flour gently. This is a fun time to get the kids involved by having them help stretch out and press down the pizza until it is thin and round. Or you can also use a rolling pin if needed.
- Lightly sprinkle the semolina or corn meal over the pizza peel or cookie pan then place dough on top.
- Top the pizza dough with the olive oil and spread around evenly. Add cheese and grilled corn.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the grill, cover with lid and cook for 5-7 min (or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly brown).
- Using the pizza peel, remove the pizza from the grill. Cut into 4-6 slices and serve. Depending on your child's likes, you can season with salt or add basil. BE CAREFUL AS IT WILL BE VERY HOT.
- Depending on your child's likes, you can season with salt or add basil or spice such as chili flakes.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.