Chef Ellie Krieger shares how you can upgrade cocoa by skipping the packets and making your own mix. Debbie demonstrates how by making her own Hot Chocolate blend.
- 6 ounces granulated sugar
- 9 ounces chocolate (milk, dark, white, or a mix)
- 3 ounces Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 ounces malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla bean powder
Chef Tips for Holiday Cooking - Home & Family
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine sugar, chocolate, dutch cocoa, malted milk powder, salt, and vanilla powder. Pulse until chocolate is fully ground and mixture looks powdery and dry. Transfer to airtight container. Store at cool room temperature.
- To use, stir about 1 ounce (2 tablespoons; 28g) of the mix into 6 ounces hot milk. Season to taste with additional salt or vanilla, and serve hot.