Culinary powerhouse Fabio Viviani is showing us how to make a delicious Red Wine Risotto.
Red Wine Risotto with Caramelized Pancetta
- 3 large shallots
- 2 stick unsalted butter
- 1oz salt
- 1oz white pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6oz pancetta slices or diced
- 6oz goat cheese
- 1lbs arborio rice
- 2oz walnuts
- 2oz parmesan cheese grated
- 4 cups red wine
- On medium fire cook the sliced shallots and the pancetta in 1 stick of butter until caramelized, add the walnuts and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and make sure it soaks up all the fat from the butter and the pancetta.
- After the residual fat in the bottom of the pan is all absorbed by the rice, about 2-3 minutes, add enough red wine to cover the rice by about 1/2 inch, slowly cook and stir on medium flame.
- As the rice keeps absorbing the wine we will need to keep topping it off till the rice reaches the desired consistency and tenderness, if all wine is used we can add some water to it, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the goat cheese in the risotto and top with parmesan cheese as desired.