Weelicious founder Catherine McCord's all-star dessert perfect for bringing kids and adults into the kitchen together.
Lemon Pound Cake Mini Doughnuts
Makes 18 Doughnuts
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins
Lemon Pound Cake Mini Doughnuts - Home & Family
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, milk or cream (to make the icing white)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a standing mixer or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to incorporate each one.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- Whisk the vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour and sour cream alternately to the egg mixture 1/2 at a time, until combined.
- Spoon the batter into greased mini doughnut pans and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool completely before glazing.