Cat Cora is back in our kitchen making an easy sheet pan chicken dinner.
Fall Sheet Pan Chicken
- 5 (6 - 7 oz) bone-in, skin off (optional) chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-pound Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 1 large fuji apples, cored and sliced 1-inch slices
- 1 large bulb fennel, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon, vinegar, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Baste the chicken well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (You can do this step for longer, about 4-6 hours.).
- While the chicken is marinating, chop vegetables. Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples, fennel and onions on a baking sheet.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and throw the marinade away. In a large saute pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Layer the chicken into the vegetables on the sheet tray and place in the oven, roast in a preheated oven until chicken and vegetables are golden brown, about 30 - 35 minutes. The chicken should read 165 with a thermometer in the center of the thighs.
- Remove and sprinkle parsley for garnish and serve.
You may also like these recipes from Cat Cora: