Iron Chef judge, Cat Cora helps you get ready for school with two easy back to school lunches in a jar, Sesame Ginger Noodle Jar and Jarred Chicken Caesar Salad.
Back-to-School Lunch Jars
Sesame Ginger Noodle Jar:
- 2oz Spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
Jarred Chicken Caesar Salad Dressing:
- ⅓ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Worchester sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Jarred Chicken Caesar Salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
SESAME GINGER NOODLE JAR:
- Cook spaghetti noodles in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the Hoisin, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, ginger and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add cooled noodles to a large bowl with the vegetables, pour over dressing and toss to coat. Divide into 4 containers, sprinkle peanuts and remaining sesame seeds.
- Pack with extra dressing on the side.
JARRED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- For the salads, fill each jar with cooked chicken, parmesan cheese, lettuce, and croutons.
- Serve dressing on the side.