Iron Chef judge, Cat Cora helps you get ready for school with two easy back to school lunches in a jar, Sesame Ginger Noodle Jar and Jarred Chicken Caesar Salad.
- 2oz Spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Worchester sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
SESAME GINGER NOODLE JAR:
1. Cook spaghetti noodles in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl add the Hoisin, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, ginger and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
3. Whisk until combined.
4. Add cooled noodles to a large bowl with the vegetables, pour over dressing and toss to coat. Divide into 4 containers, sprinkle peanuts and remaining sesame seeds.
5. Pack with extra dressing on the side.
JARRED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD:
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined.
2. For the salads, fill each jar with cooked chicken, parmesan cheese, lettuce, and croutons.
3. Serve dressing on the side.
Get more from the Episode >>