Ali Fedotowsky-Manno has cute and easy back to school snack recipes for kids that get an A+.
Back to School Book Sandwiches & Pencil Cookies:
BACK TO SCHOOL BOOK SANDWICHES:
- Flour tortillas
- Havarti cheese
- Deli sliced turkey
- Deli sliced ham
- Deli sliced roast beef
- Edible ink markers
BACK TO SCHOOL PENCIL COOKIES:
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Pink frosting
- White frosting
- Mini chocolate chips
Back to School Book Sandwiches:
- Cut soft tortillas into rectangles. For small “book” sandwiches, the dimensions should be 4 1⁄4” x 2 3⁄4”. For large “book” sandwiches, the dimensions should be 5 1⁄2” x 4 1⁄4”. Set aside.
- Cut “pages” from your cheese and deli meats to be half the width of the dimensions of the tortilla “book cover.” Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo, hummus, mustard, or ketchup on the tortilla “book cover.”
- Stack five pieces of meat/cheese “pages” in an alternating order.
- Place the stack of “pages” on the tortilla so that the edges of the stack meet up with one edge of the tortilla “book cover.”
- Fold the tortilla over the pages, pressing to seal them with the mayo/condiment.
- Write school subjects on outside of tortilla “book cover” with markers.
Back to School Pencil Cookies:
- Cut one end of the wafer cookies to create the sharp 'point' of the pencil tip.
- Spread or pipe pink frosting onto the “square” end of the cookie, making an eraser.
- Spread or pipe white frosting onto the pointed end of the cookie in a triangle shape.
- While the white frosting is still wet, add one single mini chocolate chip to the tip of the pointed pencil, giving the illusion of sharpened lead.
You may also like these recipes: