- Wooden spoons
- Stain in two different colors
- Masking tape
- Level and ruler
- Adhesive dashes
1. In a well-ventilated area rub stain on your spoons using a rag. Set aside to dry.
2. While the spoons dry, use your level, ruler and masking tape to create a grid on your wall of evenly proportioned squares.
PRO TIP: If you’re doing this with spoons of multiple sizes, make the square to size for the largest spoon.
3. Once the spoons are dry apply one dash to the back of the bowl of the spoon and one to the end of the handle. These are the two points of contact that the spoon sits flat against the wall.
4. In each square, place all of the spoons in the same orientation. All of the spoons in one square should be horizontal and in the next square vertical.
PRO TIP: Placing the bowl of the spoon in opposite direction as some of the others in a square can add visual interest.
5. Once you’ve placed all your spoons, peel the masking tape off and enjoy!