Shirley shows you full proof ways to help us grow our green thumbs this winter.
How to Add Humidity to the Air for your Plants
- Fill a cookie sheet or other non porous tray with water.
- Add a cookie rack and top with a piece of felt material that you wrap under the rack so that it touches the water.
- Through a wicking action, the felt will absorb the water and remain wet, the evaporating water will add humidity to the air.
How to Maintain a Moist Soil Level
- Cut a strand of wicking cord (available in garden centers or online) and place one end in a tall glass or jar of water.
- Place the other end inside the plant container on top of the soil or just underneath it.
- As the soil dries, it will prompt the wick to absorb water from the jar and relay water to your plant.
- Adjust the placement height of the water glass to speed or slow the rate of water flow.
Get more information about this episode >>