Make a super cool wreath inspired by the Hallmark Channel original movie “Christmas at the Plaza.”
- Macramé hoop or embroidery hoop
- Foam core
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Bottle brush trees
- Vintage toy truck
- Floral wire
- Wire snips
- Mod podge
- On your cutting mat use a x-acto knife to create a base for your vintage winter scene. The base should have a flat back with an organic edge for the front. Cut two slits into the foam core that are wide enough to slide onto the hoop where you want the scene to sit on the bottom of the wreath.
- Place the base on the hoop, cut a piece of floral wire, feed it through the backside of the base and wrap it around the hoop to secure the base and keep it from teetering. Use hot glue to secure the base in place on the hoop.
- Hot glue the bottle brush trees in place.
- Make a mixture of mod podge and water with a 2:1 ratio and paint it onto the base.
- While the mod podge is still wet, sprinkle faux snow into the mod podge all over the base.
- Paint some of the mod podge mixture onto the truck and add snow.
- Glue the truck in place and add more mod podge and snow where necessary.
- Tie a bow at the top, hang as desired and enjoy!