- Assorted wooden chairs
- ¼” MDF sheet
- Nail gun
- Wood glue
- Safety goggles
- Speed square or ruler
- Tape measure
- Desired hanging hardware light anchors and screws
- Cup hooks
1. Remove the seat of the chair.
2. Mark and cut the front half of the seat off of the chair with a jigsaw.
3. Cut the front edge of the seat off of the legs and the sides of the seat, this will become the front edge of your shelf.
4. To create the frame for your shelf, secure the front edge of the shelf to the back half of the chair. Apply some wood glue to the cut edges of the back of the seat of the chair. Secure the front edge of the seat in place with a nail gun through the front into the cut edges of the seat.
5. Measure the inside of the shelf frame and cut a piece of MDF to that size.
PRO TIP: Now you could also add cup hooks or screw the finials in to use as hooks!
6. Hang as desired and place the shelf in!
PRO TIP: If you want the shelf to be super secure, use wood glue and nail it into place.