- Contrasting fabric or set of pillowcases
- Fabric scissors
- Paper for template
- Materials for lettering like:
- Cricut, iron on paper
- Iron on letters
- Stencil and fabric paint
- Fray check
1. Create a half heart template out of paper.
Make your heart at least two inches shorter than the pillowcase so that the image shows once it’s stuffed with the pillow.
2. On the contrasting pillowcase, trace the template on the closed end. If you’re just using fabric, fold it and trace the template on the fold.
3. Use fabric scissors to cut out the two hearts.
4. Apply fray check to the raw edges of the hearts. Allow to dry.
5. Place each heart on each pillowcase, apply a thin line of fabri-tac around the edges and gently pat with your fingers to bond.
6. In small increments, apply a thin line of glue around the edge of the heart and lay the satin cording all the way around the edge of each heart.
7. Apply the wording with desired method.
Measure the heart first to make sure the lettering fits. A statement with even letters on both sides of the heart like “xo” “xo” or “true” “love” creates a more symmetrical look.
8. Insert the pillows and enjoy!