- Mason jars in a variety of sizes like 64 oz, 32 oz and a 16 oz
- Cardboard tubes cut to size to fit inside each jar
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Masking tape
INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD LIKE DISPLAYED IN YOUR KITCHEN SUCH AS:
- Red beans
- Bowtie pasta
- Tri-colored fusilli
- Clear silicone tube sealant
- Decorations/ribbon/twine for the rim of the jar
1. Make sure that your cardboard tube is the correct size for your jar. If it’s too big, you can cut it down to fit.
2. Add a generous amount of hot glue to the bottom of the cardboard tube and immediately set it into the jar in the middle on the bottom. Hold in place until it sets up completely.
3. Add the ingredient to the jar, around the cardboard tube. Make sure that the tube is completely covered and there are no gaps. You want to make the jar look like it is completely full of just the ingredient.
PRO TIP: Put some masking tape over the top of the tube to ensure you don’t get any of the ingredient in there.
4. If you plan to move this around a lot, add some clear silicone sealant to the top of the ingredient, leave the tube exposed. You don’t need to do this if it’s just going to sit in your kitchen as décor.
5. If desired add a ribbon to the top cap area, set in your kitchen and enjoy your little secret!