You can save 5%-30% on your energy bill by making improvements following a home audit!
- Hand wash your dishes and repair the seal on your refrigerator
- Look for rebates from the power company when upgrading appliances
- Wash clothes in cold water, use low dryer heat and clean the lint trap
- Program your thermostat; in winter 68°, in summer 78°
- Set water heater to 120°, use LED bulbs, install low-flow shower heads and toilets
- EnergyStar.gov is an agency helping us improve home energy consumption
- Compare your home usage at ENERGYSTAR.GOV/YARDSTICK
Follow Emmy Award winning consumer reporter Jeanette Pavini on Twitter @jeanettepavini. For tips, ideas, and resources, visit her blog at www.coupons.com/blog.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.