Materials for Refinishing an Entire Wooden Table Top
- Electric sander
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Wood stain
Materials for Rejuvenating a Wood Table Top
- Fine grit sand paper
- Orange oil
- Furniture wax
Materials for Glass Table Top
- Glass for table top cut to size of table
- Latex paint
Steps for Refinishing an Entire Table Top
1) Using electric sander, remove existing finish from table.
2) Using fine grit sandpaper, sand the table in the direction of the wood grain until all marks are removed.
3) Using desired color stain, apply stain as per can directions.
4) When stain has dried, protect table with a coat of polyurethane as per can directions.
Steps for Rejuvenating a Wood Table Top
1) Using fine grit sandpaper in the direction of the grain, remove any surface imperfections or stains.
2) Apply orange oil to a lint free cloth and rub into furniture.
3) Once oil has been fully absorbed, go back over surface using furniture wax and a cloth.
4) Buff to a nice finish.
Steps for Glass Table Top
1) Using paint roller, apply paint to underside of glass.
2) Let dry and apply second coat.
3) Once dry, place glass paint side down on the table top
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page