FOR THE DOLL BODY:
1. Bottom: the skirt is made from a protea plant with the leaves removed and stem left intact (up to 3 or 4 inches depending on the size of your doll.
2. Bodice: the vest is made from a seed pod that has been painted. You can use walnut shells or any seed shell that is the size you want.
3. Head: this is made in 3 parts: the head base is the flower, “leucospermum” (also from the proteas class). The face is made from an oval cut from the protea leaves and painted; the hair or crown is made from dried flowers.
4. All elements are hot glued to body.
FOR THE WINGS:
1. Glue prepared (dried/pressed) leaves to a sheet of translucent vellum.
2. Trim around leaf leaving a little vellum exposed (to prevent chipping).
3. Apply matte modpodge.
5. Add pressed flowers, crystal or other embellishments.
6. Hot glue to angel body
FOR THE BASE:
1. Styrofoam “candlestick” base.
2. Add moss.
3. Insert a stem for supporting the angel (hot glue body to stem).