- 1 ¾” round wooden balls with a flat bottom
- 1” round wooden balls with flat bottom
- Wooden stars 4”
- 7” diameter craft round
- Flat jewelry wire in gold, 14 gauge
- Wire-cutters or heavy-duty scissors
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Wood with cut list:
- 2”x2” piece at 10” high
- 2”x2” piece at 8” high
- 1”x3” piece at 4” long
- Optional: Black paint, stain
- Optional: Saw
1. Either cut your wood or have the hardware store cut it for you. These are all straight cuts, so your local hardware will cut each piece for you.
2. Use sandpaper to make sure all the cut sides of your wood are smooth.
3. Start with your base piece. If you would like to paint it, now is the time to do it. Set aside to dry.
4. Measure the center of your board to know where to put your 2”x 2” wood.
5. Hot glue the 2”x 2” pieces next to each other on your base piece. For added stability, also use glue between the pieces.
6. Glue the 2” ball with the flat bottom to the tops of the two 2”x 2” pieces.
7. Glue the 1” ball with the flat bottom onto the top of your 1”x 3”.
8. Take the 1”x3” and place it sideways across the front of the two 2”x 2” pieces. Once you like the placement, secure with glue.
9. Take the gold twine and wrap it diagonally around the wooden pieces.
10. Take your jewelry wire and wrap it around your pencil to get a curled effect.
11. Glue the wire to the back of your structure. Sandwich the top of the wire between two wooden stars, securing with hot glue.
12. Add your new modern nativity to your décor and enjoy!
Check out Paiges other Nativity scenes: