- Dark cherry wood stain
- Rag to apply stain
- Piece of wood 1”x 12” cut at 36” long
- White chalk spray paint
- Adhesive spray
- Sand paper
- Adhesive letters
- Card stock
1) Have the hardware store cut the piece of 1x12 into a 36” length
2) Use your rag and apply a thin coat of the stain onto the wood
3) Set aside to dry.
4) Print the stencil you would like to use onto card stock. We’ve provided a printable download on our website. (You will need 4 pieces of card stock to fit the entire image).
5) Cut out the stencil.
6) Spray the back of the cut-out stencil with adhesive spray, just enough to make it tacky since you will be placing the stencil on and will need to remove it.
7) Set the stencil in place.
8) If you would like to have a phrase above the scene, add your letters to the wood. You can use any phrase that you would like. Here are some examples:
a) O’ Holy Night
b) All is Calm, All is Brigh
c) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
d) He Taught Us To Love One Another
d) His Law is Love and His Gospel is Peace
9) Take the chalk spray paint and apply a light coat of paint over the wood, the letters, and the stencil.
10) Peel off the stencil.
11) Let dry.
12) Take your sandpaper and scuff up the edges to make the sign look weathered and rustic.
13) Hang the nativity board in your home and enjoy!