- Rowing paddles
- Craft Paddles
- Weathered wood accelerator
- Five 1”x4” pieces of wood, cut to the width of your bed. You can have your hardware - store cut the pieces for you.
- 6 metal “T” braces
- OPTIONAL: Rope
- OPTIONAL: Glue Gun
- OPTIONAL: Acrylic paint
1. Measure the space that you need for your headboard. I am making a queen, which measures 60” across.
2. Lay out paddles on a solid surface in the order that you would like. I got 3 rowing paddles and 10 craft paddles.
3. You will be screwing them in from the back, so lay your 1x4’s across the top, middle and bottom. Attach with T-braces and screws.
4. Since I am using 3 real rowing paddles, I will be using them as the outside of the bed, and one in the middle.
5. Attach the paddles to a 1x4 piece for the vertical sides that will be used as the other cross braces.
6. Attach all of the cross braces with the T-braces.
7. OPTIONAL: You can add the weathering component or paint it colors.
8. Attach the frame to any bed frame that you would like to use.