- Fine glitter in dark, mid-tone and light color we used red, hot pink and light pink
- Chunky glitter in the dark color and light color
- Mod podge
- Foam brush
- Masking tape
- Mod podge super hi-shine acrylic sealer
- Cups for extra glitter
1. Tape off the areas of the bag you don’t want covered in glitter.
2. Apply a thick base coat of mod podge with a brush to the surfaces you want glittered.
3. You are going to add the fine glitter in sections to achieve the ombré effect. On top of an open magazine, apply a section of the dark glitter, then apply half of a section of the mid-tone glitter.
4. Funnel the mixed glitter excess into a cup for later use.
5. Open the magazine to a new page and sprinkle the second half of the mid-tone glitter section on, then sprinkle the light glitter to complete the last section.
6. Funnel the mixed glitter into a cup for later use.
7. Outdoors or in a well-ventilated area, gently spray the clutch with a generous amount of the sealing spray until it has a foamy-white appearance.
PRO TIP: Multiple light passes with the sealant is the best way to do this without disrupting the glitter.
8. While the sealant is wet, sprinkle the mixed glitter between the appropriate colors, the dark and mid-tone mixture between the dark and mid-tone section and the light and mid-tone between the light and mid-tone sections. This will soften the difference in colors creating the ombré effect.
9. Spray with the sealant again and while it’s still wet sprinkle the dark chunky glitter onto the dark half of the bag and the light chunky glitter onto the light half.
10. Allow the sealant to dry thoroughly and enjoy!