KEEP THE MENU SIMPLE/QUICK MARINADES:
BBQ’s don’t have to be glorious displays of your culinary prowess. The basics are totally acceptable, especially in a time crunch. People will expect hot dogs, hamburgers and lots of chips. The bottom line is that you want to choose a menu that won’t require you to be in the kitchen while everyone’s outback having fun!
A simple option for dessert: fruit kebabs! Just slide strawberries, pineapple and bananas on disposable skewers and you have a light option to satisfy your guests’ sweet tooth.
When you’re planning a BBQ last minute, you’re worrying mostly about the food and beverages while decorations are a secondary concern. So, if you want to kill 2 birds with one stone- you can make your food and drinks look beautiful with hardly any effort!
- Besides the fruit kebabs, you can add an elegant decoration to your dessert table… simply adorn a store-bought cake with big flowers, sprinkles and fresh, patriotic colored fruit. It will have everyone ooing and aahing! Luckily blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season right now!
- Beautify a water pitcher: if you’re throwing a party, obviously you have to supply plenty of water anyways, why not place some mint leaves, strawberries and other fruits to create a visually appealing and extra- refreshing beverage! You’ll want to keep your guests’ hydrated so you can leave these pretty pitchers all over the house and patio.
- Stop by a dollar store and add a glow stick to the bottom of a clear serving bowl. Pour ice on it and now you have a unique-looking way to chill alcohol…take a look at how cool it looks in the dark! No one will have a hard time finding where the drinks are once the sun goes down!
- It’s important to remember to relax so you can actually sit back and enjoy the moment. Enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail but remember to drink plenty of water; it will keep your energy up, help you digest some of the heavier BBQ foods.
- Another thing to take into account is how your stomach reacts to food. There’s nothing worse then having to step out of the room because your heartburn is so uncomfortable.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.