Kym Douglas is breaking down what you need to know when it comes to cleaning your make-up brushes.
TIPS FOR MAKE UP SPONGES:
1. Make sure to get your sponge wet before applying your make up
2. Points and sharp corners are great for corners of your eyes and crevices in your face that we can easily miss
3. Use all sides of sponge to apply the foundation
4. Use the side for corner of nose
1. Add few drops of baby shampoo or mild soap to water
*Soak sponge in soapy water
2. Roll it in clean towel
* Certain brand of sponges recommend their own cleaners
1. Keep the plastic your beauty sponge comes in
2. Think of them as “drying stations” & reuse the packaging!
3. Do not store sponge in your make up bag!
4. No ziploc baggies - the sponge can become moldy w/o oxygen-
5. If you’re traveling store in a mesh bag.