- 36” x 36” piece of white felt
- Red, pink, white felt sheets
- Iron-on numbers
- Yarn needle
- Fabric scissors
- Foam core
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
1. Cut the white felt into a large rectangle to about 10” x 36”.
2. Use the ruler and chalk to create a border about one inch inset from the edge. The side with the chalk will be the back. If you want, mark the spacing of your stitches now too.
3. Thread the yarn through the needle and sew a running stitch along the chalk line to create the border. Tie a knot to secure at the end.
4. Cut the 14 pocket hearts to the desired size out of felt and whatever extra hearts you want in various colors and sizes.
5. Attach the iron on numbers to the pockets according to the instructions.
6. Arrange all the hearts on the rectangle to make sure you like the placement with accent hearts and all.
7. Adhere the hearts with fabri-tac making sure to leave to top of each pocket unglued so it’s open.
PRO TIP: If the rectangle is wonky from the stitching, you can glue a small rectangle of foam core to the top and bottom of the back and it will hang flatter.
8. Attach two pieces of yarn at the top to tie and hang the pockets from.
9. Hang as desired and enjoy!