Materials for Cleaning the Oven and Oven Racks
- Baking soda
- Rubber Gloves
- Dish cloth
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Wire brush
1) Empty the oven
2) Make a baking soda paste: In a small bowl, mix a 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few
tablespoons of water. Adjust the ratio of both as needed until you have a spreadable paste.
3) Spread the paste all over the interior (avoiding heating elements).The baking soda will turn
a brownish color as you rub it in; it also might be chunkier in some places than others, which
4) Coat your oven racks and place in the sink
5) Let the paste sit overnight or 12 hrs (for both the rack and the interior of the oven)
6) Wipe down the interior of the oven and oven racks using a damp dish cloth.
7) If needed, use a spatula to scrape off interior oven and for the oven rack use a wire brush
(do not use the wire brush on the interior of the oven)
8) Put vinegar into a spray bottle and spritz everywhere you still see baking soda residue. The
vinegar will react with the baking soda and gently foam.
9) Do a final wipe-down
10) Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven, and you're done!