- Ordinary globe
- Pencil to trace the continents
(For Oceans, Continents, Latitude/Longitude Markings, Titles, Personal locations)
- Tracing paper (optional)
- Painter’s tape
- Rubber gloves
- Prepare the globe.
First, get a globe. You can use an inexpensive globe but it’s best to find one that has raised continents, or you have to trace the continents first.
- Mask off the stand and hardware.
- Note: (you may need to trace continents before priming if your continents are not raised).
- Paint globe completely with primer.
- Paint oceans & continents (if you can’t make out the continents, draw the outlines from a map or your tracing.
- Mark the lines for longitude and latitude (optional).
- Lettering the continents & oceans (use your own handwriting).
- Special markings for personalization (use circles, add stars or other personal markings).
Tip: You can use chalkboard paint for continents and oceans add temporary items.
Ken Wingard’s DIY Mounted Chess Board