1. Cut between 10 and 20 strips of fabric that are about 2-inches by 8 to 10-inches.
2. Wash hair and let it air dry or dampen it. Do not start with dripping wet hair.
3. Don’t brush your hair but use your fingers to comb through it slightly.
4. Separate a section of hair. The smaller the section, the tighter the curls will be. The larger the section, the looser the curls will be.
5. Position a rag about 1 inch from the bottom of that section of hair. Gently roll the tail of the hair around the rag and use your fingers to hold the tail in place as you roll the rag up toward your head.
6. Roll it all the way up to your head and tie a square not in it. Don’t tie it so tightly that you’ll have trouble untying it in the morning but be sure it’s secure!
7. Untie then unroll and remove each rag.
8. Separate curls gently with your fingers.
TIP: For an easier approach, consider using Soft pillow rollers By Hot Tools, ($12.99 Ulta)