1. Keep jumper cables in your trunk.
2. Pull OTHER car hood-to-hood with YOUR car.
3. Put BOTH vehicles in PARK and SHUT OFF BOTH IGNITIONS.
4. Lift hoods of BOTH cars.
5. Attach a RED clip to the positive (red) terminal of YOUR battery. Do not allow RED & BLACK clips to touch.
6. Have another person hold the BLACK clip.
7. Attach the other RED clip to positive terminal of OTHER car battery.
8. Attach the BLACK clip to the negative terminal on the OTHER car battery.
9. Take the BLACK clip from the other person and attach clip to a GROUND (no painted metal surface on YOUR car). Do not connect the black clip to NEGATIVE terminal on YOUR battery.
10. Start the OTHER vehicle and let engine run for 2-5 minutes (could take longer to charge depending on how long the battery has been dead).
11. Start YOUR car and let sit for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the cables in reverse order that you put them on, once again DO NOT allow clips to touch.
13. Then DRIVE YOUR CAR around for 15 minutes to recharge the battery.
14. If it dies again, you may have a bigger issue.