- 1 1/2 cups distilled water (or boiled and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon castile soap (or other natural, mild soap)
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel extract
- 10 drops grapefruit seed extract (optional)
- 1 taplespoon sweet almond oil (or olive oil)
- 10-15 drops essential oils of choice (optional)
- 1 roll strong paper towels (use recycled paper towels or ones made from 100% post-consumer content)
- Storage container (old wipes container, tupperware, plastic ice cream bucket
1. Cut the roll of paper towels in half with a sharp knife.
2. Place one half of the roll in a tall container (or accordion fold the towels and place in an old wipes container).
3. In a small bowl, add the water, castile soap, aloe vera, witch hazel, almond oil and grapefruit seed extract, and
stir to mix well.
4. Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
5. Slowly pour mixture over the towels to saturate them. If you're using a wipes container, just pull the towels through the little slot in the cover and you're done!
6. If using a tall container, flip it over after 5-10 minutes to make sure the towels are completely wet with the solution. Then flip it back over, pull out the cardboard roll from the middle and the first towel should come right out.
7. Use as you would regular baby wipes.
This recipe is for one half of the paper towel roll. Depending on the brand and size of your towels, you may need to adjust the amounts of water and soap in the recipe.