Shirley Bovshow is giving you ways to prepare dried echinacea.
Herbal Tincture: Echinacea - Home & Family
1) (Mix a 1:5 ratio of dried plant to 80+ proof Vodka)
2) Dry echinacea plant and cut or grind into small pieces
3) Add 2 ounces of dried echinacea to bottom of large mason jar
4) Add 10 oz of vodka to cover.
5) Place in dark cabinet for 2 to 6 weeks
6) Shake bottle daily to mix ingredients
7) After a few weeks, strain and transfer tincture into dark bottles, it is ready to use.
1) Up to 1/2 tspn 3x per day, mixed in water, juice, or tea.
2) Same dose for non-alcohol based tincture.
3) Alcohol-based echinacea tincture can be stored for many years