- Felt in red and black
- Stiff felt in white
- Foam core
- White cording
- Spray adhesive
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Velcro tabs
1. Create a heart shaped template that is about 12” wide. You want it to be big enough to hold all your kid’s valentines!
2. Trace the template onto foam core twice and cut out two hearts.
3. Spray adhesive red felt to one side of each heart.
4. Use a x-acto knife on a cutting mat to trim the felt to the edge of the heart.
5. Spray adhesive red felt to the other side of each heart. Trim to the edge of the foam core with an x-acto knife.
6. Use hot glue to attach cording around each heart to cover the exposed edge of foam core.
7. To turn the hearts into a pouch, cut two 3” wide strips of red felt long enough for one side of each “v” of the heart and glue them onto the face of one heart along the edge of the “v” of the heart. Attach the other heart on top with hot glue.
8. Cut eyes, a smile and arms out of black felt.
9. To create the envelope, cut a small rectangle out of stiff white felt and two triangles to the width of the rectangle. Use Fabri-tac to adhere the “envelope” together.
10. Cut a small heart out of felt and glue it over the tip of the “flap” of the “envelope”.
11. Use Fabri-tac to attach the face details.
12. Hot glue the arms to the sides of the heart then the envelope to the “hands” so it appears like it’s being held.
13. Add the velcro tabs and ribbon to the back of the heart, use hot glue for extra securing.
14. Send your kid off with their chairback and enjoy!