Shirley Bovshow how easy it is to create your own custom cacti.
- Clean sharp slicing tools
- Rubbing alcohol to sterilize tools
- Leather gloves - we are working with Cacti
- Tweezers, Tongs or Chopsticks
- Rubber Bands
- Root Stock Cactus (Bottom)
- Scion Cactus (Top)
- Sterilize tools using rubbing alcohol.
- Take an even slice from the bottom Root Stock Cactus like a Columnar Cactus.
- Next we take cut a baby piece from the top or Scion.
- Look at your slices – you can see rings inside, and those are the veins of the plant.
- Line them up so that the vascular systems of each cactus will fuse together
- Put the two pieces together, and then using a rubber-band secure them in place.
- Cover them up with a plastic bottle to keep them moist and leave them in a room without direct sunlight for 2 weeks.
- After the two-week period the plants have fused and can be moved into your sunroom or garden and cared for them as you would with any other cactus!