TO CREATE THE SPIRAL TREE
1. Cut 1” wide strips of felt as long as your material allows.
2. Secure the strip at the top of your cone with a little hot glue.
3. Spin the cone while you hold the felt strip, tacking with hot glue every once in a while. *The felt will naturally get caught on the styrofoam, don’t stress on securing too much.*
6. Finish the top with a small felt circle or cut a half circle and glue the seam together.
TO CREATE A CONE SHAPE. GLUE ON TOP
1. To create the scalloped tree cut a 1” strip and secure it to the base of your cone.
2. Cut more 1” strips of felt and cut scallops into one edge about the size of a silver dollar.
3. Cut a few individual scallops for where the top is too narrow the strip.
4. Once you cut have enough, begin gluing the scalloped strips onto the cone horizontally with the scallops facing downward, until the top gets too narrow.
7. Glue on the individual scallops to finish the narrow upper part of the tree.
8. Cut a half circle, finish the seam to create a cone shape.
9. Attach to the top of your scalloped tree.
TO CREATE THE LOOPED TREE
1. Cut 1” wide strips of felt.
2. Cut 1/2" strips of felt that are 5” long.
3. Fold a 5” strip in half and glue the ends together face to face, creating a loop. Repeat this until you have a whole bunch of loops.
4. Glue a 1” wide strip to the bottom of your cone. *The strips in between will cover any styrofoam that would show under the loops.*
5. Glue on the loops on just above the strip in a horizontal line with the flat end on top so the loops hang down.
6. Continue adhering alternating rows of loops and 1” strips until you’ve reached the top of your cone.