- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Feathers (in a variety of colors)
- Styrofoam cones in various sizes (10”, 12”, 14” or larger!)
- Craft wire in 18 gauge (can be any color since it will be hidden)
- Wire cutters (can use the little jewelry ones)
- Copper wire in 22 gauge (this will be seen)
- Extra little Christmas embellishments for your tree like stars, beads, jewelry accessories, etc.
- Aluminum foil
- OPTIONAL: Mix Mod podge, paint, and iridescent glitter to create snow
- OPTIONAL: Paintbrush
FEATHER TREE #1
1. Take your Styrofoam cone form and start hot gluing on feathers from the bottom of the foam and continue this all the way to the top.
2. *Be sure to use a LOW setting on hot glue gun.
3. When you get towards the top, about 1.5” down, start wrapping copper wire over some of the feathers and continue up to the top of the cone.
4. Secure with hot glue when necessary
5. Do not cut extra wire. This is needed to hang and dangle things from the tree.
6. Attach desired accessories, and cut the wire where you would like
FEATHER TREE #2
1. Grab your thicker wire, some aluminum foil and Styrofoam cone form.
2. Take about 5” of the wire and bend it in a fun way. Cover with aluminum foil so it looks like it’s the same width as your cone.
3. Make sure to leave about 2” of the wire exposed on the end since that is how you will attach this to the cone. You can do this another time or even two more times to get the look that you want.
4. Once you like your fanciful tree form, start attaching the feathers just like above. You can use the same color of feathers or mix it up!
5. Completely cover all of the form, including your fun aluminum foil pieces with feathers. Once you are done, you can take some of the small copper wire and hang little items off of the top of your form.
FEATHER TREE #3
1. Follow same method used for feather tree #2. Use the wire and aluminum foil, but this time reach a happy medium between the two versions you just did.
2. Finish with a star or a tiny ornament/embellishment.
3. Add some whimsical creatures, set up your trees and enjoy the fanciful feel of Christmas!