Create a beautiful mantlescape to celebrate winter with a “Welcome Winter” sign.
DIY "Welcome Winter" Sign
Christmas, Winter, Holidays
- Memo Board
- Large Frame
- Craft Letters
- White Paint
- Spray paint - Blue, glitter/silver, and white
- White Felt
- Mounting Tape
Additional Mantlescape Decor
- Silver, White, and Blue Tulle
- White felt
- Fake Snow
- Galvanized Buckets
- White Styrofoam balls
- Artificial Candles
- Find a memo board that fits in the area you are looking to decorate. I found one with a metal background to add to the silvery winter feel.
- Paint the frame around the memo board white, and sprinkle a bit of glitter over the drying paint. You can also add a little mod podge over the paint for the glitter to stick.
- If you are comfortable with freehand painting, paint the word “Welcome” across the top half of the board. If you aren’t, there are plenty of stencils available in craft stores.
- To give the word “Winter” a little extra pop, spray paint your craft letters a bright blue. A nice light blue gives a crisp cool winter feel. Glue these across the bottom half of the memo board.
- Find a large frame that gives you at least a few inches on all sides around the sign. Spray paint this frame the same blue as your letters. Spray a loose amount of white and silver around the frame as well to make the color a little more dynamic.
- Hang the memo board and frame so that the memo board sits loosely in the center of the frame
- Using mounting tape, attach one long felt piece across the top section of the frame. Cut icicles out of the frame at your desired length. To give it a nice “framed” look, make the icicles on the outer edges just slightly longer.