1. Find a memo board that fits in the area you are looking to decorate. I found one with a metal background to add to the silvery winter feel.
2. Paint the frame around the memo board white, and sprinkle a bit of glitter over the drying paint. You can also add a little mod podge over the paint for the glitter to stick.
3. If you are comfortable with freehand painting, paint the word “Welcome” across the top half of the board. If you aren’t, there are plenty of stencils available in craft stores.
4. To give the word “Winter” a little extra pop, spray paint your craft letters a bright blue. A nice light blue gives a crisp cool winter feel. Glue these across the bottom half of the memo board.
5. Find a large frame that gives you at least a few inches on all sides around the sign. Spray paint this frame the same blue as your letters. Spray a loose amount of white and silver around the frame as well to make the color a little more dynamic.
6. Hang the memo board and frame so that the memo board sits loosely in the center of the frame
7. Using mounting tape, attach one long felt piece across the top section of the frame. Cut icicles out of the frame at your desired length. To give it a nice “framed” look, make the icicles on the outer edges just slightly longer.