Interior designer Lauren Makk is getting into the Halloween spirit with this DIY.
DIY Velvet Pumpkins
- Faux/Foam Pumpkin
- Stretch Velvet Fabric
- Felt Fabric
- Remove the stem of the foam pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkin over a large piece of your stretch velvet fabric.
- Pull up the edges to make sure the fabric fits into the top center of your foam ball before you trim.
- Pin opposite sides of velvet into the hole and repeat until all of the fabric is gathered inside of the hole.
- Tip: Use a chopstick to push the fabric into the stem opening.
- Trim leaves out of green felt. The size of pumpkin will determine how large your leaves will be.
- Secure leaves onto pumpkin with pins.
- Reattach stem into the original hole. You can use hot glue if it does not stay on its own.