- Throw pillows
- Upholstery samples
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing Machine
- Velcro stripping
- Quilting square or ruler
1. Measure out and mark where you want to put your seams onto the face of one of your samples.
*To make your pillow extra fluffy measure out 1” less than the dimensions of your pillow insert. *
2. Line up the two pieces of material with the patterned sides of the fabric facing out. Pin together 3 sides of the material at the marking of your seam.
3. Using a zigzag stitch, sew together the 3 pinned sides.
To create the closure:
4. To completely enclose or pillow insert, put your pillow insert in pin, and sew the fourth seam together with a zig-zag stitch.
5. To create an openable closure, pull back one panel of the material and sew a zigzag stitch on the marked line for the seam. Repeat on the other panel of material.
*Sewing this zigzag stitch makes it look like the pillow is sewn all the way around. *
6. Adhere velcro to the interior of the panels along your zigzag stitch.
7. Put your pillow insert in and close up the velcro.