DIY Twine Pumpkins
- Flat braided jute twine
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Paint in fall colors like orange, brown, green etc.
- Mod podge
- Brown craft paper, 6” wide roll is ideal
- Faux pumpkins
- Heavy-duty or fabric scissors
- Faux leaves
- Spanish moss
- X-Acto knife
- Wire snips
- Rip out the step on the faux pumpkins. Some faux pumpkins have stems that are not removable, if so, use an X-Acto knife cut out carefully.
- Cut a strand of twine that goes from the center hole in the top to the center of the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Pre-cut all the pieces to that length.
- Use hot-glue to adhere the strips on vertically along the outside of the pumpkin, starting with the ridges of the pumpkin then fill in-between. Cut strips to a shorter length to fill the gaps where necessary.
- To create the stem, cut a piece of rectangular craft paper about 6”-10” long. Fold it in half, grab it by the fold and twist. Leave the bottom open then press it into your palm to flatten the bottom of the stem so it can be glued to pumpkin.
- Paint the stem with mod lodge to stiffen, allow to dry.
- Paint stem desired colors, brown, orange, and green are great fall colors.
- Cut faux leaves from stem if you’ve got a vine or plant instead of individuals using wire cutters.
- Glue the leaves and Spanish moss on top, enjoy!
You may also like these how-tos: