- Canvas tote bags
- Clear acetate sheets
- Halloween confetti
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric paint
- Foam brushes
- Quilting square
1. Use your pencil and ruler to draw a square onto your tote bag. *If you have a quilting square it makes this process much easier! *
2. Use your fabric scissors to cut the square out of the front of your bag to create a window. *Pinch the fabric so that you only cut through one layer to start your cut. *
3. Next, if you want to add decorative stencils, do it now. Use stencils, fabric paint and a foam brush. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Cut two sheets of acetate slightly larger than the window of your bag.
5. Glue the two sheets together on three sides, leaving the top open. Allow glue to dry. Now you have a clear pouch.
6. Fill the pouch with Halloween confetti and seal the top edge with glue. Allow to dry.
7. Flip your tote bag inside out and glue the confetti filled pouch on the window.
8. Flip the bag right side out and add decorative ribbon around the edge of the window to mask the edges.
9. Allow the glue to dry, trick or treat and enjoy!