Lynn Lilly helps you Trick or Treat in style with this DIY tote.
DIY Trick or Treat Totes
- Canvas tote bags
- Clear acetate sheets
- Halloween confetti
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric paint
- Foam brushes
- Quilting square
- Use your pencil and ruler to draw a square onto your tote bag. *If you have a quilting square it makes this process much easier! *
- Use your fabric scissors to cut the square out of the front of your bag to create a window. *Pinch the fabric so that you only cut through one layer to start your cut. *
- Next, if you want to add decorative stencils, do it now. Use stencils, fabric paint and a foam brush. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Cut two sheets of acetate slightly larger than the window of your bag.
- Glue the two sheets together on three sides, leaving the top open. Allow glue to dry. Now you have a clear pouch.
- Fill the pouch with Halloween confetti and seal the top edge with glue. Allow to dry.
- Flip your tote bag inside out and glue the confetti filled pouch on the window.
- Flip the bag right side out and add decorative ribbon around the edge of the window to mask the edges.
- Allow the glue to dry, trick or treat and enjoy!