- Tree stump
- Bar clamps and a sturdy worktable
- Work gloves
- Safety goggles
- Wood burning tools or letter stickers
- Air duster can or damp rag
1. Draw the heart onto the tree stump with chalk.
2. Securely clamp the stump to your worktable.
3. Chisel the heart out. Put your gloves and safety goggles on, place the tip of the chisel at the edge of the heart facing inward with the flat side of the chisel down, hold the chisel at a slightly downward angle with your non-dominant hand and hit the back of the chisel with the hammer to cut away material. Continue chiseling inward from around the edge of the heart until you’ve removed all the material desired.
PRO TIP: ALWAYS chisel away from yourself and others while wearing proper safety gear.
4. Sand down any uneven spots or edges of the heart.
PRO TIP: Use a can of air duster to remove all the wood particles and clean up the surface before adding initials. A wiping with a damp cloth can also suffice.
5. Now it’s time to add you and your sweetheart’s initials! If you’re using the wood burning tool, draw them in pencil first, then go over with the wood burning tool. If using stickers, just arrange and place!
6. Add to your décor and enjoy!
Get more Valentine's Day ideas from the Home & Family Love Ever After DIY & Cookbook >>