- Fabric (linen, cotton, or wool)
- Fabric scissors
- Cover buttons
- Sewing maching/needle tread/fabric glue
**48 inches is great for trees 7.5 feet and 42-48 inches is ideal for trees ranging from 4.5 feet to 6.5 feet. You can also make 20 inch tree skirts for mini Christmas trees and tabletop trees**
1) Take fabric, create a square by folding diagonally and matching the side edge to the bottom edge.
2) Cut along the 3rd edge to create square.
3) Unfold then refold square left to right, fold again top to bottom, fold diagonally to create triangle.
4) Use pencil and string to function as a protractor-holding the end of the string at the point of the triangle, trace string with a pen.
5) Shorten string to three inches and create another line near the point and cut.
6) Unfold fabric
7) Fold edges over, hem all edges
8) Sew fringe to the outer edge
9) Decorate as desired
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page