- Fabric scissors
Materials for Lace-Up Sweatshirt
- Grommet tape
- Ribbon or shoelace
Material for Peek-a-Boo Lace Sweatshirt
- Strand of beads or ribbon
1. Decide how low you want to cut the “V” into desired sweatshirt and mark it with chalk.
2. Fold your sweatshirt in half by grabbing it at the center of the neck and bottom hem. Make sure all your hems are lined up properly.
*This allows you to cut through all layers at the same time. *
3. From the marking on the fold of your sweatshirt, cut out outward toward the top to create the “V” shape.
Steps for the Lace-Up Makeover
1. Cut lengths of grommet tape that match your “V”.
2. Lay a hefty line of Fabri-Tac on the edge of your cut.
3. Adhere one edge of your grommet tape to one side of the “V” of your sweatshirt.
*Leave the holes off of the edge of the cut so you can lace through them. *
4. Repeat steps 5-6 on the other side of the “V”.
5. Allow the glue to dry completely.
6. Lace your ribbon or shoelace through the grommets and enjoy!
Steps for the Peek-a-Boo Lace Makeover
1. Lay your lace down on top of your sweatshirt with the “V” cut.
2. Cut the lace 1/2” bigger where the edges are cut.
3. Lay a thick line of Fabri-Tac on the edges of your cuts
4. Place the lace on top and press lightly until secure.
*If you want the seam to be hidden turn the sweatshirt inside out and glue on. *
5. Cover the edges of the lace with ribbon or beads. Adhere with Fabri-Tac.
6. Allow the glue to fully dry and enjoy!