Orly Shani shows you how to repurpose old sweaters into cozy tote bags.
- Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
- Purse Strap
DIY Sweater Totes - Home & Family
1. Choose your sweater, either one you already have or one that fits the style that you can find at a thrift store.
2. Lay your sweater out flat. The bottom of the sweater becomes the top of your bag since it has a clean hem already.
3. Cut out the top of your sweater to create a rectangle. Depending on what size you want your bag to be, you can cut away the excess.
4. Turn the sweater inside out and sew shut the open sides, not including the bottom of the sweater. Pull the sweater/tote back right side out.
5. Attach your purse handle hardware (This will change depending on the type of purse hardware you bought).