Download the card templates here.
1. Download the graphics and send them off to your local print shop, pick them up when ready. You will need to print 5 card backs and 1 of each of the card faces. If you want the underside of the table-top to have a graphic, print out two of your card face of choice.
2. Cut the plywood down to 16” x 24” rectangles. This can also be done for you at the hardware store since they’re straight cuts.
PRO TIP: A circular saw can get you more fast and accurate cuts when cutting straight.
3. Use a bowl or plate as template to round the corners, take a pencil and trace the edge of the plate in each corner. Cut each curve using your jigsaw.
4. Sand then paint the edges white. Allow to dry.
5. Now it’s time to apply the graphics to the cards, spray adhesive to apply the graphics to one face of each card. Pay attention to which graphic you want on the top of the table; this will be applied after the table has been assembled.
PRO TIP: For more accurate, easy graphic application spray half of the back, smooth that onto the surface, then from underneath, spray the other half and smooth the rest down.
6. Trim the excess paper away from the edge of the card using an X-Acto knife on your cutting mat with the card graphic side down.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 on the opposite side of each card except the tabletop card.
8. To create the “legs” of the side table lay the four “leg” cards out in pairs of two top to top and attach them with hinges using the provided hardware.
9. To stabilize the legs, stand them up and attach the mending bracket on the backside, at the top of each “A” frame. Mark and drill pilot holes before screwing in.
10. Place the tabletop card on top of the two sets of “legs”, mark and drill pilot holes through the top into the top of each of the “legs” in two places.
11. Screw through the pilot holes into the legs to secure the tabletop to the legs.
12. Use spray adhesive to attach the final graphic to the tabletop over the screws.
13. Trim the excess paper away from the edge with an X-Acto knife.
14. Add a clear coat of spray sealant with multiple light coats in a well-ventilated area if desired. Allow to dry thoroughly.
15. Place in your home and enjoy!