HOW TO MAKE THE BOX FOR STYROFOAM CHOCOLATES:
1. Paint the paper maché box your favorite color with craft paint. Only need to paint the sides and bottom since you’re covering the top. Set aside to dry.
2. Trace the top of the box onto the backside of a piece of 12″ valentine’s themed patterned paper and cut out.
3. Squeeze craft glue onto the top of the box and use the 1” foam brush to spread the craft glue to the entire surface of the paper maché heart
4. Adhere the patterned paper to the top of the box. This will give you the basic heart shaped box for your chocolates.
5. Adhere faux flowers to top with glue gun.
HOW TO MAKE STYROFOAM CHOCOLATES:
1. Cut the 2″ smooth foam balls in half using an Electric Styrofoam Cutter or a serrated knife works great for doing this.
2. For rectangular chocolates, use a block of Smooth Foam and cut it into small rectangle shapes, then follow the same process.
3. Paint the halves using chocolate colored acrylic paint. Set aside to dry. Tip: Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to prop up Styrofoam to be able to paint all sides easily.
4. Once dry, use the dimensional fabric paint to channel your inner chocolatier and pain on patterns.
5. out a few 2″ circles with paper punch (or freehand) from cardstock (or paper) and write love notes on each one. Glue the love note to the bottom of each faux truffle with glue gun.
6. Fill paper maché box with shredded paper and arrange faux chocolates inside.