- 4 pieces of 1/4" craft wood measuring 24" x 4"
- 4 pieces of lathing 24" long
- 4 pieces of lathing 11" long
- 30 ft of 1/4" rope
- Drill with 5/16" bit
- Wood Glue
- Staple Gun
1. Making sure the lathing extends past the craft wood, glue 11" lathing strips onto corners of craft wood pieces to form base/swing seat. Let dry
2. Drill 5/16" holes into extending parts of lathing
3. cut 4 lengths of rope and tie knots at the ends of each
4. Run the pieces of rope through the holes
5. Tie more overhand knots on top of what will be the swing seat
6. 4 inches above where the seat is, wrap the two front lengths of rope around one of the 24" lathing pieces and secure with staples to create swing guard. Do the same on the back side.
7. Move 16 inches above the seat, repeat all these steps to create the second level