Orly Shani is showing you how easy it is to add embellishments to an ordinary sweatshirt drawstring.
- Sweater/hoodie with drawstrings
- Trim or ribbon
- Safety pin
- Puff paint, paint pen, or iron on letters
- Fray check (optional)
1. Remove existing drawstrings from sweater
2. Cut and measure trim/ribbon to desired length
3. Use a safety pin to guide new drawstring through sweater
4. Add a phrase or word with paint pen, puff paint, or iron on letters. Use chalk if working with puff paint to ensure correct spacing.
5. Use either a knot, hem and sew, or fray check to finish the ends